Hong Kong /India News
- Coronavirus: Hong Kong restaurants expect exemptions for kids, elderly when ‘Leave Home Safe’ app becomes mandatory; city confirms 4 new cases 4 December 2021A new mandate requiring the use of Hong Kong’s Covid-19 contact-tracing app at local restaurants from December 9 is likely to see exemptions made for children and the elderly, many of whom do not own smartphones, an industry leader has said.Simon Wong Ka-wo, president of the Hong Kong Federation of Restaurants and Related Trades, who […]
- Didi’s exit from New York tests Hong Kong’s mettle as the listing sanctuary for Chinese stocks 4 December 2021The US delisting of Didi Chuxing could offer a test case for whether Chinese companies being investigated by Beijing would be welcomed in Hong Kong, which is ramping up stock market reforms to keep up with US bourses.Didi said on Friday on its Weibo account that it had started preparing for delisting from the New […]
- Chinese Olympians make a Hong Kong splash as Victoria Park diving, swimming exhibition kicks off day-long celebration of medal winners 4 December 2021Chinese Olympians on a three-day goodwill tour of Hong Kong finally got their chance to show residents exactly what they could do on Saturday as gold medal-winner Wang Zongyuan stepped onto a diving platform in Causeway Bay.The 20-year-old smiled, waved to the crowd, then formed a heart with his hands before executing a perfect dive […]
- Why Anita Mui will always be in Hong Kong people’s hearts, as biopic of the actress and Canto-pop singer reminds us, and why we should honour all who’ve helped make the city a global icon 4 December 2021Can we truly love and miss someone we have never met? It’s certainly rare, but I think it’s possible.I’m not thinking of the unrequited love of a super fan, which can often verge on the obsessive. People can genuinely love a celebrity like they are family, a friend, or a child of their own. And […]
- Eager fans greet mainland Olympians in HK 4 December 2021Mainland Olympians on a three-day-visit to Hong Kong got a warm welcome from members of the public as they gave sports demonstrations on Saturday morning. The athletes, who competed in the Tokyo Olympics earlier this year, showcased their skills in diving, fencing, badminton and more sports at the Victoria Park Swimming Pool and the Queen […]
- ICAC studying if pollster broke law over survey 4 December 2021The commissioner of the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) Simon Peh said on Saturday that the anti-graft body is studying whether a pollster has violated election laws, by including the options of casting blank votes in a survey about the upcoming Legco elections. The Hong Kong Public Opinion Research Institute has been asking members of […]
- 'RTHK has the duty to promote Constitution Day' 4 December 2021The director of broadcasting, Patrick Li, said on Saturday that RTHK has a duty to help to educate Hongkongers about the Basic Law and develop their national identity. At a flag-raising ceremony co-organised by RTHK, the Basic Law Foundation and the Hong Kong United Youth Association at the Police College to mark Constitution Day, Li […]
- Top officials call for constitutional education 4 December 2021Government officials marked Constitution Day on Saturday by stressing the need for strengthened education about the Constitution and the Basic Law. Writing on his blog, Chief Secretary John Lee said anti-China disruptors had been spreading false and misleading ideas about 'one country, two systems' in recent years, and the SAR government had to put things […]
- Athletes start HK visit 2 December 2021The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Mainland Olympians delegation arrived in Hong Kong today to start a three-day visit. Led by General Administration of Sport of China Deputy Director Yang Ning, the Olympians delegation arrived in Hong Kong around noon. The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government held a welcome ceremony at the Shenzhen Bay Port to receive […]
- Lam Tin testing exercise ends 2 December 2021The Government announced that the compulsory testing exercise for the Lam Tin restricted area ended today with no confirmed COVID-19 cases found. It made a restriction-testing declaration last night, requiring people at On Kin House, On Tin Estate to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing. As at 1am today, around 1,100 residents had undergone […]
- Constitution Day seminar to be held 2 December 2021The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government and the Liaison Office of the Central People's Government (CPG) in the Hong Kong SAR will hold an online seminar on Constitution Day tomorrow. The seminar, which comprises a keynote address and a panel discussion, will explore the relationship between the Constitution and "one country, two systems". It will also […]
- Council staff side’s decision lauded 2 December 2021The Government today said it welcomes the Disciplined Services Consultative Council (DSCC) staff side’s decision to return to the Pay Trend Survey Committee. Following the DSCC staff side's return to the committee, the four central staff consultative councils, namely the Senior Civil Service Council, the Model Scale 1 Staff Consultative Council, the Police Force Council (PFC) […]
- Starlink's first statement after Indian 'govt warning' 4 December 2021
- Govt nod to produce 5 lakh AK-203 rifles in UP's Amethi 4 December 2021The Centre has approved the production of over five lakh AK-203 assault rifles at Korwa in Uttar Pradesh's Amethi in order to boost self-reliance in defence manufacturing in the country, government sources said on Saturday. The 7.62 X 39mm caliber AK-203 rifles will replace in-service INSAS rifle, which was inducted over three decades ago, they […]
- 10 stylish geysers with unconventional design 4 December 2021
- India reports 8,603 new Covid cases, 415 deaths 4 December 2021India reported a total of 8,603 new Covid-19 cases and 415 fatalities across the country in the last 24 hours, informed Union health ministry on Saturday.
- Former Andhra Pradesh CM Konijeti Rosaiah passes away at 89 4 December 2021Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Konijeti Rosaiah (89) passed away in Hyderabad on Saturday.
- NRIs experiment with Cryptos for remittances 3 November 2021In October for the first time, Roychaudhary bought cryptocurrencies worth half that amount – ₹1 lakh – and his wife who has access to his wallet could use the sum when needed. Roychaudhary like many Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Filipino expats are increasingly experimenting with cryptocurrencies to remit money to their families back home and […]
- India to be fastest growing economy: IMF 14 October 2021New Delhi : India will be the fastest growing major economy in the world in fiscal 2022, said the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Tuesday.India will also be the fastest growing economy in 2021 despite the IMF and the UN reducing India’s growth projections after the second Covid wave cut into the recovery momentum.The IMF […]
- Welcome back Air India: Tata sons 13 October 2021NEW DELHI: – The government said on Friday that Tata Sons will retake control of Air India after bidding $2.4 billion in total, including stock and debt, bringing an end to years of battle to privatize the financially ailing airline.A successful sale of the loss-making national flag carrier would be a huge achievement for Prime […]
- Hong Kong influencer dies while taking a selfie 12 July 2021Sofia Cheung, an Instagram influencer from Hong Kong succumbed to death as she slipped at the edge of the waterfall while taking a selfie. The 32-year-old influencer and her three friends took a trip to Ha Pak Lai, a park popular among hikers on Saturday (July 10). Reportedly, Sofia was trying to take a selfie […]
- Why is Digital Marketing the Future? 11 July 2021Technology is taking over each and every industry just like it is permeating in our day-to-day lives. Following the influence of technology, modern marketing has completely changed the way in which marketers brand and market their organizations. Digital marketing is continuously evolving, opening up new opportunities every day. As technology is introducing new communication channels […]
Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but...
Then: The very first Asian Games were held in India in 1951. Officially opened by the then President Dr. Rajendra Prasad at the...
Hong Kong : Karman Kaur Thandi hopes that winning her first pro title will boost her confidence ahead of next month’s Asian Games. Thandi...
Teenager Saloni Mehta knew what she had to do – learn Cantonese, then convince her parents to change her nationality. Now the 15-year-old badminton talent...
The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament with a 4-2 victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final...
All about foods & eating
It is that season of the year when gifts are exchanged and families and friends bond over delicious meals. Needless to say, Diwali is...
Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals
Message from Mr. Jagraj SINGH of Sikh Temple (Chinese)
20 years, 20 people: Sikh civil servant Gurdev Singh
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 1
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 2
Indians speaking Cantonese - PART 3
New rule for Indians Hong Kong Pre Registration Interview with Hong Kong Immigration Officials