Hong Kong /India News
- Mainland Chinese ship Piano Land could provide ‘cruises to nowhere’ in Hong Kong from July, sources say 19 May 2022Piano Land, run by Astro Ocean Cruise, is targeted to begin operation in the city on July 1, pending local Covid-19 situation, according to sources.
- How Hong Kong can spark a wave of recoveries in shark populations 18 May 2022Demand for shark fin in Hong Kong and other markets is driving overfishing and pushing many species to the brink of extinction. An initiative conceived and developed in the city aims to recover populations of at least eight threatened species, but requires widespread support.
- Hong Kong privacy watchdog ‘considers blocking Telegram over doxxing concerns’ but experts pour cold water on ‘futile’ exercise 18 May 2022Privacy Commissioner Ada Chung is thinking about invoking regulations for the first time to restrict people’s access to the service, according to a source.
- Hong Kong national security police tell founder of digital media outlet Passion Times to remove ‘sensitive’ online posts 18 May 2022Posts involved contain not only sensitive content, but allegedly endanger national security, says source familiar with the case.
- Mandatory testing ordered for 40 places 18 May 2022The government on Wednesday issued compulsory testing notices for 40 places across Hong Kong. Anyone who has visited any of these premises and stayed there for the length of time and on the dates specified must get a nucleic acid test for Covid-19. The buildings are located in Fanling, Chai Wan, Kwun Tong, Kowloon Tong, […]
- Block in Sai Wan Estate locked down again over Covid 18 May 2022The government on Wednesday sealed off West Terrace at Sai Wan Estate for overnight coronavirus testing. The Kennedy Town residential block had already been under lockdown last week as part of the restriction-testing declaration exercise that covered the entire estate. Health authorities said they've found 23 infections from West Terrace, including a staff member of […]
- Private kitchen cluster continues to grow 18 May 2022Health authorities said on Wednesday that six more people who visited a private kitchen in Kwun Tong have now been infected with Covid, raising the total to 26. That accounted for more than half of the 45 visitors and four staff who were at the premises in Shing Yip Industrial Building on May 9. "We […]
- Will it be third time lucky for 'green man' in HK? 18 May 2022The authorities are expected to launch a new trial for countdown timers at pedestrian crossing lights next year. The timers, which involve the use of artificial intelligence, will inform people of changes of traffic lights in advance, helping them decide if they have enough time to cross the road. In a written reply to an […]
- 3 virus cases found in restricted area 17 May 2022The Government today announced that three positive COVID-19 cases and two indeterminate cases were found in the compulsory testing exercise for the restricted area in Kwun Tong. It made a restriction-testing declaration yesterday to cover Ping Wah House of Lok Wah North Estate where 1,001 people were tested. Government staff also visited 394 households there and will […]
- Pay trend report released 17 May 2022The 2022 Pay Trend Survey Report was released today, showing gross pay trend indicators of 3.2%, 5.58% and 8.3% for the lower, middle and upper salary bands. The report was compiled by the Pay Survey & Research Unit of the Joint Secretariat for the Advisory Bodies on Civil Service & Judicial Salaries & Conditions of Service. The […]
- Govt fee concessions extended 17 May 2022The Government said today that it will gazette on May 20 the extension of 34 groups of existing waivers and concessions of government fees and charges for one more year to benefit a wide range of sectors as announced in the 2022-23 Budget. The waivers and concessions will be implemented progressively from October, benefitting the sectors ranging from […]
- Vaccination case update issued 17 May 2022The Department of Health said that in the week ending May 15, it received 28 reports of adverse events following COVID-19 immunisation. Among them, no death case was reported by the Hospital Authority involving individuals who had received vaccines within 14 days before they died and had potential association with vaccination. As at 8pm on May 15, […]
- Assam flood situation worsens; Mizoram faces fuel crisis 18 May 2022
- Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers to win Europa League 18 May 2022Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers 5-4 on penalties on Wednesday to lift the Europa League title and win their first European trophy in 42 years. Eintracht keeper Kevin Trapp saved Aaron Ramsey's spot kick -- Rangers' fourth -- while Eintracht were flawless in their execution, scoring all five. The game had finished 1-1 after 120 minutes.
- Karnataka makes uniforms must for PU students 18 May 2022According to education department officials, several institutions, teachers, and parents had questioned whether hijab will be allowed inside examination halls for students from private schools since admission guidelines for academic year 2021-22 state that uniforms are not compulsory for students.
- India red carpet for foreign filmmakers at Cannes 18 May 2022Anurag Thakur, who led the Indian delegation to the annual film gala where India is the Country of Honour, said that for official co-productions, international film production companies can claim a reimbursement of up to 30% (up to Rs 2 crore) on qualifying expenditure in India.
- Marriage delayed, UP man files dowry plaint against parents 18 May 2022In his complaint to SSP, Kumar wrote: “My parents not only want money but have given a long list of household appliances. She is not financially well-off.” The SSP, who has now directed SHO Kankarkhera to probe the matter, said, “An FIR will be filed only once we get the probe findings.”
- New Indian ambassador to China arrives in Beijing 6 March 2022Beijing ( PTI) : India’s new ambassador to China Pradeep Kumar Rawat has arrived in the country and is undergoing mandatory quarantine for the COVID-19, the Indian embassy in Beijing said on Friday. “Ambassador-designate Shri Pradeep Kumar Rawat has reached China and is currently undergoing mandatory quarantine,” the embassy said in a tweet on Friday. […]
- Hong Kong births sink to lowest in 56 years: Reports 1 March 2022Hong Kong: The number of births in Hong Kong hit a record low last year, falling below 40,000 for the first time in more than five decades as experts warned of wide-reaching implications for the city’s ageing population, media reports said.They were quoted as saying by The South China Morning Post the trend would result […]
- Superspreader fears at mass holy dip in India 15 January 2022Sagar Island (India) (AFP) – Hundreds of thousands of Indian pilgrims began packing an island in the Ganges on Thursday for a vast religious festival as Covid-19 cases surge nationwide, prompting fears of a superspreader event.Officials said they expected as many as three million people, including ash-smeared, dreadlocked ascetics, to take a ritual dip in […]
- ED arrests director of Hong Kong firm in spices trading corporation fraud case 13 January 2022New Delhi, Jan 12 (PTI) The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has arrested the Indian director of a Hong Kong-based company on money laundering charges in a case linked to alleged multi-crore bank fraud “under the guise of” merchant trade, the agency said on Wednesday.Anup Nagaral, director of Hoewelai Jinsu, was arrested under sections of the Prevention […]
- Why Elon Musk’s Starlink to Refund Pre-Orders? 4 January 2022New Delhi : Starlink has begun emailing users in India offering refunds on their pre-orders. The satellite internet division of the billionaire Elon Musk’s SpaceX says that it has been directed by the Department of Telecom to refund pre-orders until the company’s Internet service is licensed in India. The company was previously believed to be […]
Hong Kong: The number of births in Hong Kong hit a record low...
Mumbai : (ANI): Following major progress in the nascent Indian 'plant-based meats' landscape...
Then: The very first Asian Games were held in India in 1951. Officially opened by the then President Dr. Rajendra Prasad at the...
Hong Kong : Karman Kaur Thandi hopes that winning her first pro title will boost her confidence ahead of next month’s Asian Games. Thandi...
Teenager Saloni Mehta knew what she had to do – learn Cantonese, then convince her parents to change her nationality. Now the 15-year-old badminton talent...
The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament with a 4-2 victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final...
Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals
Message from Mr. Jagraj SINGH of Sikh Temple (Chinese)
20 years, 20 people: Sikh civil servant Gurdev Singh
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 1
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 2
Indians speaking Cantonese - PART 3
New rule for Indians Hong Kong Pre Registration Interview with Hong Kong Immigration Officials