NEW DELHI: As Chinese authorities try to contain the spread of the deadly novel coronavirus outbreak, Air India on Thursday announced that it is...
Hong Kong /India News
- Coronavirus: Hong Kong airport worker confirmed to carry Delta variant, genome sequence similar to recent cases from Indonesia 25 June 2021An airport worker who broke Hong Kong’s 16-day streak of zero local infections has been confirmed to carry the Delta coronavirus variant, with researchers suggesting the genome sequence of the man’s viral sample was similar to recent imported cases from Indonesia.But Polytechnic University team that made the discovery said they have yet to identify the […]
- Hong Kong gay couple wins High Court battle as subsidised housing policy ruled discriminatory 25 June 2021A gay couple has won their second judicial challenge against the Hong Kong government in the High Court, this time over a discriminatory policy that barred them from living together in subsidised housing.Mr Justice Anderson Chow Ka-ming on Friday ruled in favour of Henry Li Yik-ho and Edgar Ng Hon-lam, concluding that the Housing Authority’s […]
- Hong Kong security minister John Lee promoted to chief secretary, police chief Chris Tang elevated to cabinet post in major reshuffle 25 June 2021Beijing has promoted Hong Kong security chief John Lee Ka-chiu to the city’s No 2 position, while elevating police commissioner Chris Tang Ping-keung to take over his cabinet post.Xinhua announced on Friday morning that the State Council on Wednesday made its decision to appoint Lee as chief secretary on the recommendation of city leader Carrie […]
- Coronavirus: ban on flights from Philippines and Indonesia hits supply of domestic helpers in Hong Kong 25 June 2021Thousands of families in Hong Kong are facing uncertainty over when domestic workers they have hired from the Philippines and Indonesia can take up their jobs in the city after authorities banned flights from the two countries over Covid-19 risks.Faced with difficulties in finding workers, some residents are turning to local cleaners, with one company […]
- Matthew Cheung thanks all the CEs he worked under 25 June 2021Chief Secretary Matthew Cheung has thanked all the Hong Kong chief executives he has worked under, as he leaves the government after almost five decades. At a media briefing on Friday, Cheung didn't reveal whether it was his idea to stand down. He said he was grateful for the trust and support that he had […]
- New top team fought beside me during the hardship: CE 25 June 2021Beijing on Friday confirmed a reshuffle of the SAR administration, with Secretary for Security John Lee replacing Matthew Cheung as chief secretary, and Police Commissioner Chris Tang replacing Lee. One of Tang's deputies, Raymond Siu, is becoming the territory's new police chief. At a press conference, Chief Executive Carrie Lam said the three men had […]
- Expert welcomes extended quarantine for UK arrivals 25 June 2021Infectious disease expert Joseph Tsang on Friday welcomed reimposing a 21-day quarantine on UK arrivals, where the Delta variant is prevalent. “We have to closely observe those incoming travellers, we have to do repeated viral testing, including antibody testing for whoever is coming in to Hong Kong,” Tsang said. He made the comments after the […]
- Government reshuffle in the works, say reports 25 June 2021Hong Kong’s number two official, Matthew Cheung, is being allowed to bow out of Carrie Lam’s administration by Beijing, local media reported on Friday. The 70-year-old Chief Secretary will be replaced by Secretary for Security John Lee in a reshuffle that is reportedly being considered by the State Council. Police chief Chris Tang will take […]
- Edward Yau promotes HK's strengths 23 June 2021Secretary for Commerce & Economic Development Edward Yau today updated the business community in Canada through a webinar on Hong Kong's latest developments and business advantages, which make the city an ideal gateway for businesses and investment in Mainland China and the Asia Pacific region for Canadian enterprises. In his opening remarks, Mr Yau reassured participants […]
- No virus case in restricted area 23 June 2021The Government today completed the compulsory testing and enforcement operation in the Tai Po restricted area with no confirmed COVID-19 cases found. It made a restriction-testing declaration at 7pm yesterday, requiring people in Wan Hang House of Wan Tau Tong Estate to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing. About 2,100 residents were tested. In the […]
- Inquiry letters sent to electors 23 June 2021The Registration & Electoral Office started sending inquiry letters yesterday to more than 20,000 registered functional constituency (FC) electors concerning their eligibility for registration in their original constituencies. The letters are being sent for compilation of the 2021 functional constituencies provisional register. Under the Improving Electoral System (Consolidated Amendments) Ordinance 2021, the registration eligibility of certain functional […]
- Tung Chung land set for housing 23 June 2021The Lands Department will resume 294 private lots for the public housing development in Area 46, and other facilities and infrastructure works for the Tung Chung New Town Extension development. The lots with a total area of about 4.94 hectares will be resumed and land occupied by a grave with an area of about 22.6 sq m […]
- Check out the vaccination incentives up for grabs 25 June 2021Check out all the incentives on offer, get vaccinated, and get rewarded: HK$10.8 million flat in Kwun Tong (Sino Group and Chinese Estate Holdings) Permanent residents who get vaccinated before September 1 are eligible to participate in the lottery. The winner will receive a 449-square-foot one-bedroom flat at Grand Central in Kwun Tong. Register now […]
- Domino’s India hacked? 20 April 2021New Delhi: In what could add to latest string of cyber breaches at India-based entities, a cyber security researcher on Sunday claimed that credit card details of nearly 10-lakh people who purchased online on Domino’s Pizza India is allegedly being sold for over Rs 4 crore on the Dark Web.According to Alon Gal, CTO of […]
- Seven Foods You Should Never Have On An Empty Stomach 13 March 2021Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but did you know that you can’t eat absolutely anything you want in the A.M.?Yogurt, a cup of coffee, and fresh orange juice — this is what most people probably picture when they think of a perfect breakfast. Unfortunately, only a few people […]
- India has the world’s largest diaspora population 16 January 2021United Nations: India has the largest diaspora population in the world with 18 million people from the country living outside their homeland in 2020, according to a report by the United Nations, which says the UAE, the US and Saudi Arabia host the largest number of migrants from India. The report ‘International Migration 2020 Highlights’, […]
- Bizarre! Samosa Sent To Space by Chai Walla 14 January 2021London: Taking things on another level, this British restaurant owner tried to send a samosa and a wrap to space – for reasons not known to anyone. his restaurant attempted to send Indian street food “to space” by using weather balloons and it almost succeeded, before it crash-landed in France.Niraj Gadher, the owner of Chai […]
Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but...
Then: The very first Asian Games were held in India in 1951. Officially opened by the then President Dr. Rajendra Prasad at the...
Hong Kong : Karman Kaur Thandi hopes that winning her first pro title will boost her confidence ahead of next month’s Asian Games. Thandi...
Teenager Saloni Mehta knew what she had to do – learn Cantonese, then convince her parents to change her nationality. Now the 15-year-old badminton talent...
The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament with a 4-2 victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final...
All about foods & eating
It is that season of the year when gifts are exchanged and families and friends bond over delicious meals. Needless to say, Diwali is...
Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals
Message from Mr. Jagraj SINGH of Sikh Temple (Chinese)
20 years, 20 people: Sikh civil servant Gurdev Singh
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 1
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 2
Indians speaking Cantonese - PART 3
New rule for Indians Hong Kong Pre Registration Interview with Hong Kong Immigration Officials