Hong Kong: The annual Asia's 50 Best Bars awards, streamed live recently to announce its coveted 2020 list.The award ceremony was originally...
Hong Kong /India News
- Tokyo Olympic Games successes rekindle Hong Kong’s pride in identity, but anti-mainland China sentiment comes through too 1 August 2021There were large crowds out in Hong Kong last week, disregarding social-distancing measures and filling the air with their loud chants.“We are Hong Kong!”“Hong Kong add oil!”The anti-government protests of 2019 had not returned. Instead, people of all political persuasions were gathered at shopping malls and sports centres to cheer Hong Kong athletes making history […]
- Dental subsidies needed for Hong Kong’s elderly as bad teeth keep poor from sleeping, eating properly, social workers say 1 August 2021Social workers have urged the Hong Kong government to provide more dental subsidies for the elderly after a survey found toothache affected the sleep of those living below the poverty line three times more than the average old person.The survey, conducted by the Society for Community Organisation (SoCO) and the Elderly Rights League, covered 230 […]
- Hong Kong finance chief welcomes Beijing’s anti-sanctions law, dangles prospect of local legislation 1 August 2021Hong Kong’s finance chief has welcomed China’s anti-sanctions law as a “necessary and reasonable” response to punitive actions from the United States, as he raised the prospect of lawmakers adjusting the national legislation locally rather than Beijing imposing it directly.Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po also said on Sunday that ongoing China-US tensions presented both risks […]
- Coronavirus Hong Kong: vaccine outreach targeting domestic helpers covers more than 260 Indonesians; 3 new imported cases confirmed 1 August 2021More than 260 Indonesians have been vaccinated through the Hong Kong government’s latest outreach programme targeting domestic helpers, while the city on Sunday confirmed three new imported Covid-19 cases.Civil service chief Patrick Nip Tak-kuen, who is in charge of the inoculation drive, and labour secretary Law Chi-kwong were seen distributing vaccine leaflets at Victoria Park […]
- Voucher plan draws mixed responses from small vendors 1 August 2021The government’s voucher scheme has drawn mixed responses from small businesses on the first day of its launch, with some remaining doubtful about its effectiveness and others saying it would likely boost sales. The owner of a children’s outfitter in North Point, surnamed Lam, told RTHK on Sunday that she doesn’t think the voucher scheme […]
- HK sees three new imported Covid cases 1 August 2021Hong Kong has reported three imported Covid-19 cases, involving people who flew in from the US and Cambodia. They are all asymptomatic. The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) on Sunday said two of the patients – a 19-year-old girl from the US and a 41-year-old woman from Cambodia – were fully inoculated with the BioNTech […]
- Govt urged to offer free dental check-ups for elderly 1 August 2021A grassroots organisation on Sunday urged the authorities to provide free dental check-ups for senior citizens, saying many underprivileged elderly couldn’t afford to see a dentist even though they suffered serious toothaches. The Society for Community Organisation (SOCO) said at a press conference that it polled 230 elderly people living in poverty between May and […]
- Large crowds flock to collect consumption vouchers 1 August 2021The government said it has issued the first HK$2,000 installment of its spending voucher scheme, to about 5.5 million people. Large crowds were seen at MTR stations across the city on Sunday morning, collecting their money at designated Octopus card readers. Octopus users can also get their money at convenience stores or through the card's […]
- 5.5m receive consumption vouchers 31 July 2021The Government today announced that it disbursed via the four stored value facility (SVF) operators the first $2,000 consumption voucher to about 5.5 million eligible people who had completed electronic registration by July 17. Such people will successively receive SMS or mobile app push notifications concerning the Consumption Voucher Scheme’s disbursement. Those who have completed electronic registration on […]
- 3 imported COVID-19 cases detected 31 July 2021The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating three additional COVID-19 cases involving women who arrived from Cambodia and the US. Meanwhile, the centre was notified of a confirmed case in the UK concerning a 52-year-old woman who left Hong Kong for London on flight CX251 on July 15. Her specimen collected on July […]
- Tuen Mun centre for minorities opens 31 July 2021The Home Affairs Department announced that a new support service centre for ethnic minorities in Tuen Mun commenced operation today. The department explained that the ONE Support Service Centre for Ethnic Minorities, operating under its funding grant, will provide a wide range of support services for ethnic minorities to enable their early integration into the community. Such […]
- Indonesians receive COVID-19 jabs 31 July 2021Secretary for the Civil Service Patrick Nip and Secretary for Labour & Welfare Dr Law Chi-kwong today viewed the administering of the Sinovac vaccine to Indonesian people at a Causeway Bay hotel. Under the arrangement of the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Hong Kong, a total of 266 Indonesians received the vaccine through […]
- India's best hour in Olympics; Sindhu wins bronze, hockey team storms into semis 1 August 2021The trailblazing PV Sindhu smashed her way into history books with a second successive Olympic medal on Sunday, while the men's hockey team raised hopes of resurrecting a glorious past by entering the semifinals for the first time in 49 years as India surpassed its performance at the 2016 Rio Games on an epoch-making day […]
- In Pics: PV Sindhu's biggest career highlights 1 August 2021
- Indian, Chinese armies set up hotline for Sikkim sector 1 August 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: India's schedule on August 2 1 August 2021India's hopes of a maiden athletics medal at the Olympics will rest on Kamalpreet Kaur who will be in action in the women's discus throw final on Monday. Indian women's hockey team will be up against Australia in the quarterfinal.
- Parl committee on home affairs to visit J&K, Ladakh 1 August 2021The parliamentary standing committee on home affairs will pay a visit to Jammu & Kashmir as well as Ladakh from August 17 to 21 for a detailed examination of matters relating to administration, development and people’s welfare in the two Union territories.
- Hong Kong influencer dies while taking a selfie 12 July 2021Sofia Cheung, an Instagram influencer from Hong Kong succumbed to death as she slipped at the edge of the waterfall while taking a selfie. The 32-year-old influencer and her three friends took a trip to Ha Pak Lai, a park popular among hikers on Saturday (July 10). Reportedly, Sofia was trying to take a selfie […]
- Why is Digital Marketing the Future? 11 July 2021Technology is taking over each and every industry just like it is permeating in our day-to-day lives. Following the influence of technology, modern marketing has completely changed the way in which marketers brand and market their organizations. Digital marketing is continuously evolving, opening up new opportunities every day. As technology is introducing new communication channels […]
- Check out the vaccination incentives up for grabs 25 June 2021Check out all the incentives on offer, get vaccinated, and get rewarded: HK$10.8 million flat in Kwun Tong (Sino Group and Chinese Estate Holdings) Permanent residents who get vaccinated before September 1 are eligible to participate in the lottery. The winner will receive a 449-square-foot one-bedroom flat at Grand Central in Kwun Tong. Register now […]
- Domino’s India hacked? 20 April 2021New Delhi: In what could add to latest string of cyber breaches at India-based entities, a cyber security researcher on Sunday claimed that credit card details of nearly 10-lakh people who purchased online on Domino’s Pizza India is allegedly being sold for over Rs 4 crore on the Dark Web.According to Alon Gal, CTO of […]
- Seven Foods You Should Never Have On An Empty Stomach 13 March 2021Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but did you know that you can’t eat absolutely anything you want in the A.M.?Yogurt, a cup of coffee, and fresh orange juice — this is what most people probably picture when they think of a perfect breakfast. Unfortunately, only a few people […]
Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but...
Then: The very first Asian Games were held in India in 1951. Officially opened by the then President Dr. Rajendra Prasad at the...
Hong Kong : Karman Kaur Thandi hopes that winning her first pro title will boost her confidence ahead of next month’s Asian Games. Thandi...
Teenager Saloni Mehta knew what she had to do – learn Cantonese, then convince her parents to change her nationality. Now the 15-year-old badminton talent...
The India U-16 team emerged champions in the Jockey Cup International Youth Invitational Football Tournament with a 4-2 victory over Hong Kong U-17 in the final...
All about foods & eating
It is that season of the year when gifts are exchanged and families and friends bond over delicious meals. Needless to say, Diwali is...
Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals
Message from Mr. Jagraj SINGH of Sikh Temple (Chinese)
20 years, 20 people: Sikh civil servant Gurdev Singh
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 1
香港故事 - Indian Hong Kong People (Cantonese speaking Vivek Ashok) - PART 2
Indians speaking Cantonese - PART 3
New rule for Indians Hong Kong Pre Registration Interview with Hong Kong Immigration Officials